SCENES FROM THE HAT: Books found in Sauron’s library Mrs. Boromir (7/10/02)
- “Who Moved My Ring?” (No Text) Annael
- Darn! (No Text) Twilight Mere
- The Lonely Planet Guide to Mordor (No Text) luinfalathiel
- “Lord of the Flies” hey, you gotta start small. 🙂 (No Text) esiwmas
- Everything I Ever Really Needed To Know, I Learned In Eregion (No Text) Eowyn of Penns Woods
- Bridget Jones’s Diary (No Text) bunny of many colors
- Frodo Shrugged (No Text) Wídfara
- Don Quixote of la Shire (No Text) Pennadariel
- Ophthalmology for Dummies (No Text) Eledhwen
- The Joy of Hex (No Text) HRHArwen
- Mordor on $5 a Day (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- The Fine Art of Friendly Persuasion (No Text) HRHArwen
- Travels with My Ent (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- The Whole Middle Earth Catalogue (No Text) Blue Wizard
- Nazgul for Dummies, or Growing your finger back in 12 easy steps. (No Text) Enchantress
- A Tale of Two Towers (Dickens revision) (No Text) Nomad
- LOL Very good!! (No Text) Ginger
- Chicken Soup for the Maia Soul (No Text) Celandine Brandybuck
- Microsoft’s Ledger of course (No Text) Gaffer
- How to Eliminate Elves and Other Household Pests (No Text) Uitlander
- “How to Find Anyone Anywhere” (No Text) Morwen
- “It’s Okay to Delegate Authority” (c. 1600 S.A.) (No Text) Soothfast
- If You Give an Orc a Cookie… (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- “Me, Myself, and Eye” (No Text) The White Rider
- LOL! I like it! (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- “How to minimize stress and conflict in the workplace” (No Text) The White Rider
- Shouldn’t that be “maximize”? (No Text) Soothfast
- that’s true! (No Text) Bifur
- d’oh! (No Text) The White Rider
- “Volcanology and Blacksmithing — Together at Last” (No Text) Soothfast
- The Catcher in the Eye (No Text) Nomad
- “An extensive guide to forging techniques” (No Text) The White Rider
- Visine 2002 Catalog of Products (No Text) Nomad
- “How to Work With a Difficult Boss” (1st ed.) (No Text) Soothfast
- Halfling Torture Techniques: A history (No Text) Nomad
- The Zen Guide to Palantír Maintenance (No Text) Celandine Brandybuck
- So You Want to Build a Tower (No Text) Soothfast
- An Opthamalogist’s Guide for Eye Conditions (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- What to Expect When You’re Expecting Orcs (No Text) Celandine Brandybuck
- “7 Habits of Highly Effective Evil Overlords” (No Text) Annael
- “How to Grow Uruk-Hai” (No Text) Ginger
- “Easy-to-learn Cooking while still being able to boss a bunch of Orcs around.” (No Text) Frodosgurl
- “How to take over Middle-earth and Make Pretty Rings at the Same Time.” (No Text) Frodosgurl
- Harlequin Romance Volume 78: “Arwen’s Innocence” lumpkin
I think he’s secretly a lonely misanthropic chap with a romantic heart! Either that or he likes the idea of how mad Elrond would be if he knew Arwen posed for the revealing picture on the cover.
- Machiavelli’s “The Little Prince” DiamondTook
A charming allegory in which all of the whimsical and delightful cast of characters are executed…
- “Taking over the world for Dummies” (No Text) The White Rider
SCENES from the HAT: Little known facts about Farmer Maggot – Mrs. Boromir (7/7/02)
- Keeps crop of… Linnet Brandybuck
…”special” mushrooms a secret (between him and Bombadil) in hopes of preventing further raids from Buckland…
- His dogs’ REAL names are Skippy, Fluffy, and Bingo. (No Text)ceremony
- And they’re poodles. (No Text) L. Ron Halfelven
- Drives Mrs. Maggot crazy by using discussion board acronyms IRL. Wídfara
Mrs. Maggot: Dear, did you take the trash out?
Farmer Maggot: ROFLMAO! btw, IRL you’re a hotty! Oh, brb! *hears email indicator and runs to computer, tripping over dog*
- so I’m stupid but – brb? What???? translation, please! (No Text) greendragon
- be right back… DiamondTook
where’s CB with her handy dandy translation thingie???
- *snarf* DiamondTook
- Gandalf’s “Fly, you fools” is really a veiled reference to Maggot’s emerging role in the Fellowship. Wídfara
Sadly, the Fellowship didn’t pick up on it, as it was *too* veiled. Much like this attempted joke.
- They didn’t pick up on it even when Leto
they were all confronted by that lovely pile of dung on the road!
- *watches pun fly over TORnsib’s head* Nessimë
You really are ‘Raid’ing the pun cupboard.
Farmer Maggot – christened ‘Louis’?
(not sure if you’ll understand all this… 🙂
- You are, of couse… Watson
…speaking of the original “Fly,” and not that thing Jeff Goldblum did…
- *teeny voice* help me!! (No Text) DiamondTook
- *scrunches up face really hard* Wídfara
“Farmer Maggot – christened ‘Louis’? (not sure if you’ll understand all this… :)”
Oh, I *so* want to get it! *wonders if I stare at the words long enough they’ll reveal their hidden groaner* Is it a Kiwi thing? Or am I really a simpleton? (That last question is sorta rhetorical. You don’t have to answer.) : – )
- No… it’s not even *really* funny… Nessimë
When I was little, the Raid ad (Raid = flyspray) had a character called ‘Louis’, and there’s a little jingle along the lines of…
“Say ‘bye bye’ to Louis the fly!”
…Fly you fools…
Heh. *sigh* 🙂
- *falls over in a dead faint* Wídfara
Oh, the Raid-soaked paths we’ll follow in pursuit of our puns. Good one, Nessimë. And, now, I’ll have the (choose one) pleasure/pain/misfortune of taking that to my bed, as I’m heading to dreamland. (Please, Eru, don’t let me dream of this thread. And make Mrs. B not be so evil with her future rich, wonderful, exhausting StfH.)
- Oh my… Watson
Ancient as I am, even I don’t remember that one! But I remember that the son of the original Fly was named Louis (pronounced the French way, of course). The things our brains come up with…
- *taps forehead* think think think DiamondTook
nope… I’m at a loss too…
- That is one of the worst puns…. Watson
…I have ever seen. Which, of course, means it’s good. Clever!
- *bows, wipes a large bead of sweat from brow* Wídfara
Whew! I thought I had delved too greedily and too deep into the pun barrel. Thanks, Watson!
- You’re welcome Watson
Maggots, flies… yeah, I come from farm stock, where such things are all too common in the pasture. Terrible pun — and I’m glad it was deliberate! I have seen things like that done by accident in newspaper headlines! 🙂
- He and Tom were drinking buddies- they loved to watch football together. (No Text)°Angelica°
- he has a secret storage room for carrots (No Text) Frodosgurl
- makes obscure references to fantasy novels at the dinner table. (No Text) Dolaurwen
- When completely alone, experiments with parting his hair on the other side. (No Text) Wídfara
- He was raised by Cave-trolls! *winks to DT* (No Text) Earendil The Mariner
- Has an “outie” (No Text) Wídfara
- ROTFLMAO! (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- he has a thing for Aragorn…. stridersGURL
- Shot J.R. Mrs. Boromir
Anyone get this old one?
- Woke Bobby up from his dream. (No Text) Wídfara
- Married Kristin (No Text) DiamondTook
- Backstabbed Cliff Barnes. (No Text) Wídfara
- Gave Momma a heart attack (No Text)DiamondTook
- That would be “Miss Ellie Southworth Ewing (Farlow)” to *you*! Wídfara
Named, obviously, for “elanor”: A golden, star-shaped flower, with a name meaning sun-star. Sam Gamgee first came across it in Lórien, and named his eldest daughter, Elanor Gardner, from it.
(See how I pulled us back around to LOTR! Just in time, apparently, before the OT police come in to haul our Dallas-loving #$@*es away!)
- *eyes wide with wonder* DiamondTook
You are truly brilliant, Wid!! That was amazing!!!
- Confessions from the Hat: Wídfara
I got it from jrewing.com. I carry around a lot of arcana (that’s THREE, Ataahua and Scout B!), but, alas, not all the married names of Miss Ellie. Mad?
- Are you mad? DiamondTook
Yes, i believe you’re quite off your duff! am i mad? well, I’ve been known to repair a few watches in my day (Mustard? let’s not be silly!) Angry?? Never!! :):):)
- Runs amok every Friday night at The Floating Log in Frogmorton. (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- Then goes on ad nauseam about how Oswald acted alone. (No Text) Wídfara
- LOL! (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- He took the Pepsi Challenge. Chose Jif. (No Text) Wídfara
- LOL!! His mama’s so skinny she can go hang gliding on a Dorito! (No Text) DiamondTook
- Mr and Mrs Maggot wear the same underwear. (No Text)Pipe to Nul
- Not at the same time, I hope! (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- Have you heard the term “Hot Swapable”? (No Text)Pipe to Nul
- Have *you* heard the term… Wídfara
- *steps back* Nooo, and I’m not sure I want to. ; ) (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- crazy foreigners with their odd hobbies… (No Text) DiamondTook
- He’s “The Farmer in the Dell” (No Text)Eorlinga
- “The ‘shroom stands alone, the ‘shroom stands alone…” (No Text) DiamondTook
- He’s a Shriner! (No Text) luinfalathiel
- He’s the Potentate of this here Shriner Temple! (No Text) DiamondTook
- Is president of the ME PEF club (No Text)Herself the Elf
- Is a snob who likes it pronounced ‘Ma-go’, if you please….. greendragon
Like ‘Hyacinth Bucket’ (“It’s BOUQUET”) for anyone who’s ever seen ‘Keeping up Appearances’!
- Maybe that goes for Tom Bombadil too Tauriel
I mean, he does have that thing about singing all the time.
- He’s a farmer of the ‘managing my country estate’ variety….! (No Text) greendragon
- Yup! Good one!! (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- He buys his overalls and flannel shirts at the Gap. (No Text) Morwen
- of Rohan… 🙂 (No Text) DiamondTook
- He often goes into the Old Forest… Patty
where he and Old Bombadil have a secret moonshine still. “Merry-dol ra boom de a-ding a ding dolly!” (hic!)
- er, sorry, I have a question…. Elfmei
…always wonder what the meaning of “SCENES from the HAT” thread?
- It means Mrs. Boromir
the equivalent of putting a bunch of ideas for a topic into a hat and drawing one. I had the same question long time ago and that’s what I was told.
- Has his lads run off the competition at the local farmers’ market. (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- He raises THOSE kinds of mushrooms. (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- Ahh, so that’s why kids were always trespassing… (No Text) ceremony
- Must have a shrine to St. Ro, then… (No Text) Celandine Brandybuck
- “Farmer” is his real first name. (No Text) Wídfara
- He is really a dwarf – why, you say? Well… Tauriel
…In Norse mythology dwarves were maggots that the gods gave human form, that’s why!
- Interesting, Tauriel. Mrs. Boromir
Makes one wonder just how many hidden meanings there are behind the names of people, places and things in LOTR. But that’s another discussion all together.
SCENES FROM THE HAT: If LOTR characters were famous singers or singing groups – Mrs. Boromir (7/3/02)
- Elvish Presley? (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- That was one of the best threads I’ve read in ages!! Good work all. (No Text) Aragorn’s Sexy Scar
- Boom-shakalaka-Boom-Doom went the drum machines in the deep (No Text) L. Ron Halfelven
- Frank Sauronatra (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- “Fly me from Mt. Doom”.. Foe-Hammer_of_Gondolin
I know Sauron wouldn’t sing it, but *I* thought it funny…
- *groan* Good one, Mrs. B. (No Text) Wídfara
- If you can’t unmake it there, you can’t unmake it anywhere, it’s up to you, Sammath Naur, Sammath Naur (No Text) L. Ron Halfelven
- …singing “Stranglers in the Night”… (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- “. . . and I did it MY WAY!” (No Text) Annael
- Ol’ Red Eyes, yup. (No Text) Annael
- Legolas as Ted Nugent.. (No Text) Nazgul_Kidney
- Celebrian Dion (No Text) Annael
- Or Celandine Dion? (No Text) Tauriel
- HAH! Good one! (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- Legolas: “It’s Not Easy Being (a) Greenleaf” (No Text)
- The Bree Village People! (No Text) luinfalathiel
- Peter, Aulë, and Merry (No Text) Wídfara
- Numenorean TA-beruthiel Choir? (No Text) elf_wannabee
- quENYA? (No Text) elf_wannabee
- The Neekerbreekers (Beetles)? The Mordor Tower (Tabernacle) Choir? The Woses? (No Text) elf_wannabee
- The Neekerbreekers singing Gladden Fields Forever. (No Text) Wídfara
- Ooo! Good one! *glares* (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- Wain Newtonriders (No Text) Wídfara
- Legolas and Aragorn ARE the Blues Brothers singing “Gimli Some Lovin” Mrs. Boromir
Blasphemy… (hangs head)
- ROFL!! (No Text) luinfalathiel
- I really need to hit you now. Wídfara
Some of these are real groaners, Mrs. B.
(Great SftH, by the way.)
- Oy, don’t I know it. Mrs. Boromir
But as I said, I was inspired by Ugly Troll (*cough* who’s his girlfriend *cough*) and his “Nob Dylan” at the Prancing Pony.
Are you typing as you drive to Kentucky…I knew you were talented but wow! Or don’t you leave till tomorrow?
- *cough* tomorrow *cough* Wídfara
ROFLMAO! Very subtle, very subtle. *still laughing*
- Bruce Springsteen and the Balrogs “I’m on Fire” (No Text) Morwen
- also “Dancing in the Dark” (No Text) Annael
- and “Celeborn to Run” (No Text) Foe-Hammer_of_Gondolin
- Jewel of Fëanor (No Text) Wídfara
- Lee Greenwood the Great (No Text) Wídfara
- Night Ranger! 😀 (No Text) luinfalathiel
- Rod Steward of Minas Tirith … ? luinfalathiel
OK, I’m reaching … 🙂
How about Dead or Alive, with Gandalf as the lead singer?
- Moria Carey (she’s about dwarf size, right?) (No Text) Wídfara
- Merry Knight and the Pip? (No Text) Annael
- “The Five Pips” — shudder…. (No Text) Watson
- The Four Weathertops (No Text) Wídfara
- Ike & Tina Turin (No Text) Annael
- LOL! What corny fun! (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- Steely Dunedain!! (No Text)Thevina Finduilas
- Steppenwarg singing “Beorn to Be Wild” (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- Sauron in the Tower of Power! (No Text) Scout B
- Tom Bomb and the B52s …(ugh) (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- Earth, Wind and Fire (the elvish rings). (No Text) Patty
- The Hobbits could be the Monkees… (No Text) Enchantress
- No, they’re the Fab Four (No Text) L. Ron Halfelven
- Or Liberace, I wonder if he can play the piano? (No Text) Enchantress
- Dunedan Dunedan (No Text) Annael
- The elf, the dwarf, the human and the orc singing Y-M-C-A… (No Text) Ugly Troll
- I would pay a lot of money to see Elijah, John Rhys-Davies, Orlando, and Viggo in costume doing that . . . (No Text) Annael
- Who would be wearing the Indian headdress? *snert* (No Text) Enchantress
- Lurtz (he’d be in the line too) (No Text) Annael
- ACK! There’s 5 of them? My mistake, add a troll :o) . (No Text) Ugly Troll
- BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Magrat
Ow, laughing that hard can crack a rib.
- The Backroad Hobbits! (No Text) Chewie
- The Trolling Stones Mrs. Boromir
Is it tacky to play at one’s own game…?
- A Dwarvish rock group: Aerosmiths (No Text) Wídfara
- Aulesmiths? (No Text) Annael
- Aerosmith could work… Watson
…if it referred to Manwe and Aule
- Lóni Mitchell: They paved Valinor and put up a parking lot. (No Text) Wídfara
- HAH!! …wait, that’s not funny (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- Construction foreman: And get the backhoe in here to knock down these two trees! (No Text) Wídfara
- *beep beep beep* Watch out behind. (No Text) Enchantress
- *tsk tsk* Valinor needed a Sustainable Development Committee. (No Text) Wídfara
- No kidding! Next thing they’ll get is a Wargmart! (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- And a Hooter’s right next to the Prancing Pony. Wídfara
Poor Barliman. How will he compete?
- Ahhh, for the large busted, um, Dwarves??? (No Text) Enchantress
- Lena Horne of Gondor (No Text) Wídfara
- Ohhhh,, That is soo begging to be satirized Enchantress
- HAHAHAHAHAHA!! (No Text) Scout B
- Saruman in “Cheap Trick” ??? (No Text) Scout B
- Celembrimbor (sp): Lead singer of The Smiths, Numenor and Valinor: The Westside Connection (No Text) vedhed
- An Archie comics spin-off: Queen Berúthiel and the Pussycats (No Text) Wídfara
- The Ents as….The Screaming Trees (No Text) Scout B
- Aragorn in Night Ranger. (No Text) Foe-Hammer_of_Gondolin
- Eowyn could be in the Violent Femmes. (No Text) Foe-Hammer_of_Gondolin
- Gimli, lead guitar (ax) in Molly Hatchett? (No Text) Foe-Hammer_of_Gondolin
“You’re only going to eat 11 helpings?? You eat like an elf!” (No Text)esiwmas
Hobbit #1, with a sneer: “*This* beer isn’t proper 1420!” Hobbit #2: “But it’s not 1420 yet!” Hobbit #1: “Oh. My bad. Good beer!!” (No Text)Wídfara
SCENES FROM THE HAT: Overheard at Bilbo’s Birthday Party(No Text) Mrs. Boromir (7/1/02)
“Do you reckon that her foot hair is really blonde?” (No Text) Pipe to Nul
Here…finest weed in the *cough* South Farthing… *cough* (No Text) Uitlander
- “and it’s free!” (No Text)Patty
- Hobbit # Wídfara: “FREE?!” *chug chug chug* (No Text)Wídfara
“He doesn’t look a day over eleventy.” (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
Did I say Springle-ring? I meant to say, let’s do the Gator. (No Text) L. Ron Halfelven
- Dude…I’ve got the munchies! (No Text) humblehobbit
- yo, try some of this cherry tart…wow… (No Text) Uitlander
- It’s HUGE! (No Text) Scout B
- Thanks…. (No Text) MrCere
- [eye roll so severe that they may not return to normal state] (No Text) Scout B
Sam: Rosie, met me behind the Party Tree in fifteen minutes . . . (No Text) Samantha Baggins
Merry: “I dare you to tie Gandalf’s shoelaces together.” Ugly Troll Pippin: “OK”
Rosie: “I don’t know, Sam’s pretty cute . . . besides, have you seen how *big* his feet are?” (No Text) Samantha Baggins
Mr. Proudfeet: “Heh heh…it’s really ProudFOOT…” (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
By Lobelia–“Otho, grab a couple extra pieces of that cake!” (No Text) Patty
- LOL – now there’s an image. (No Text) Annael
- “quick, put those beer steins in my purse!” (No Text) Annael
- “… And the coffee spoons …” (No Text) Idril Celebrindal
- “I’ll have that flower vase on the table. He’s got more of ’em!” (No Text) Patty
Elrond: “Bye bye boys! Have fun storming the volcano!” Glorfindel: “Think it’ll work?” Elrond: “It would take a miracle.” (No Text) Silverlode
I would have quite liked to try sending them home tied up in a sack, but Gandalf insisted….. (No Text) greendragon
Good, with that Onering gone, my crown/tiara/forehead accessory thing is now the finest piece of jewelry in Rivendell again. 🙂 (No Text) esiwmas
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart and you’ll never walk alo-oooone! (No Text) Clueless_I
Ah, now I have time to take a nice strawberry bubble bath! (No Text) Shadowfaxrules
(to Arwen) Look, I don’t mind your boyfriend coming to visit, but you have to stop telling him to bring those weird little friends of his! (No Text) luinfalathiel
Wait!!!! You forgot sunscreen!!!! (No Text) Dolaurwen
Glorfindel, lower the disco ball, fire up Gloria Gaynor, fetch our feather headdresses and let’s bring the Last Homely House down! (No Text) lumpkin
Scenes from the Hat: Elrond’s parting words as the Fellowship leaves Rivendell:
Mrs. Boromir is out of pocket this weekend. (Apparently, she and Faramir are on a Disney cruise on the Bay of Belfalas.) In her absence, and with bows to luinfalathiel and Mrs. B, I offer this SCENES FROM THE HAT.
Arwen, I just know that dwarf stole towels from his room – put the cost on Gloin’s bill. (No Text) Annael
Are you gettin’ a taxi cab to Mordor .. if so NotAnElf
- Y M C A…..(all together) Y M C A (No Text) Enchantress
- A. M. A. N.!! Oh, it’s great to live in A. M. A. N.!! Marigold Gamgee
- “You can get yourself clean, you can have a good meal … ” (No Text) luinfalathiel
- Hobbits! Come & do this for us, I said… (No Text) Dolaurwen
“May the cars line up in their places”
Thank heavens – they’re gone…. (No Text) Enchantress
*aside to Glorfindel* Elrond: “Betcha five dollars we’ll never see them again.” Glorfindel: “Make it $10 and you’re on.” (No Text) Wídfara
don’t forget to ring.. NotAnElf
I mean the ring…
Bring me back a t-shirt. (No Text) cabbage’n’taters
finally, farewell, fellows (No Text) Arador
“So long, farewell, auf wiedersehn, goodnight!” (No Text) Eledhwen
Kommen sie wieder wenn sie nicht so lange bleiben kann. Gaffer
Roughly translated: Come again when you can’t stay so long.
“Oh, and Frodo… Nazgûy
…get me one of those nice souveniers that says “The Fellowship went to Mordor and all I got was this lousy t-shirt”
On your way now*yawn* you’ve taken up so much of my time! (No Text) Elbereth Tinuviel
Don’t let the door. . . Fladrif
Don’t forget to bring me something!! (No Text) Wídfara
I don’t suppose I’ll see any of you again! (No Text) Eledhwen
SFTH Conversation between the two Kings of the Argonath.
- “Y’know Isie, Legolas isn’t the only one with a butt like granite” (No Text) Celede
- “When the light is just right, I believe I can see into Galadriel’s flet!” (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- Citizen’s Arrest! Citizen’s Arrest! Wídfara
*shakes head disapprovingly* Now that’s just wrong … : – )
- What does that Shiriff think he’s paid for Eowyn of Penns Woods
—propping up a bar at the nearest tavern?
- Yeah, but the Kings are harmless. (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- NI! (No Text) Heaven’s Songbird
- “And bring us . . . a shrubbery!” (No Text) Curious
- “999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999 bottles of beer on the wall . . .” (No Text) Curious
- “I lost count again! I guess we’ll have to start over…” (No Text) Marigold Gamgee
- ROTFLOL!! good one!! that’s what I would be doing. (No Text) Manveri
- Gimme five! (No Text) Marigold Gamgee
- Hey – that one has my sword! (No Text) Uitlander
- and my bow … and my axe … Oh, wait. Wrong scene. (No Text) Wídfara
- You shall not pass! …oops wrong scene again. (No Text) jayjay
- “Hmph! Here we stand like two trolls in the sun!” (No Text) Eowyn of Penns Woods
- “You know, I’m only doing this darn movie as a favor to Peter.” “I just hope we don’t end up on some godawful poster.” (No Text) Lottelita
- This nail polish takes FOREVER to dry! (No Text) Eorlinga
- “Spash, gurgle, sploosh, splash, splish, spash, splash….” Blue Wizard
(insert C&H here) STOP THAT! You’re gonna make me have to go the bathroom!
- “Isie, you want me to flick Gollum off your shoulder again?” (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- “How come we never get past the first line of “stop in the name of love”? (No Text) Nimfalma Took
- Say. How would I look as a bookend? (No Text) Wídfara
- “Damn, I’ve got that itch again. And there would have to be people around.” (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- “You are now entering a Neighbourhood Watch area…” (No Text) Ufthak
- *looking over at Isildur* Nice hands. Palmolive? (No Text) Wídfara
- Hey wasn’t I holding an axe before? Nomad
“Yeah, I think we both were?”
“Where did these swords come from!?”
“Maybe the powers that be felt that the sword was more iconic in the genre and would be more widely accepts than an axe.”
“You mean like when they changed the name of that Harry Potter movie to ‘Sorceror’s Stone’?
- I’m not going to axe you again. Wídfara
Leave it be, big guy!
- Long have I desired to look on our heir. What’s that saying– “be careful what you ask for”? (No Text) L. Ron Halfelven
- “You shall not pass…you shall not p…hey, they’re passing! This never works.” (No Text) Scout B
- I heard they are installing photo radar soon… (No Text) Foe-Hammer_of_Gondolin
- Yes, they are gonna have those little cameras installed on top of their big toes. (No Text) Goeth-Helm
- “Talk to the HAND, cause the face don’t wanna hear it!” (No Text) Foe-Hammer_of_Gondolin
- “You put your left arm in, you put your left arm out” Foe-Hammer_of_Gondolin
“You do the hokey pokey…”
- “Hey, Anárion, you can see the Mall of America from here.” (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- Isn’t it visible from outer space? Celandine Brandybuck
I know, I know, not really. But walking around it is like making the trek to Mordor…
- It’s all the orcs inside. (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- You would know. Wídfara
Sorry, Celandine. I couldn’t resist. You shouldn’t leave yourself open like that! : – )
- Humph. Celandine Brandybuck
Are you implying that I’ve made the trek to Mordor? Sam would kill me if I tried anything. I’ve only traveled from Lórien to Dale, thank you very much. The return journey is more fun, if slower. *vbg*
But I went to the M of A more often than I should when I lived in the Twin Cities!
- By all means, slow down! *vbg indeed* (No Text) Wídfara
- “Knock, knock…” (No Text) Wídfara
- “Crikey, they look just like ants from up here.” (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- Isildur, gesturing at self and pointing at Anarion: You’ve got a thing … a little … bird’s nest over your eye there.” (No Text) Wídfara
- my brother and I were JUST having this conversation not one hour ago! Nyére
We were listening to the soundtrack in the car and when we got to the appropriate part, I said that the Pillars scene was my favorite one. A conversation about what they were thinking ensued.
“Pull my finger” or “Good *god* my arm is tired”
My brother also suggested alternate positions for the pillars, including:
-Both pillars in a reclining position
-One pointing off to the side and the other holding a sign that said “Hey, you’re going the wrong way, our kingdom and treasure is over there”
-One in the ‘mooning’ position, the other one with his middle finger out
..Well, I think it’s odd, anyway, that we were just talking about that… clearly Mrs. Boromir and my brother are on the same brain wave.
- No, it’s MY turn to sing the lead on “Stop! In the Name of Love” for the next river tour group! (No Text) Annael
- From my boyfriend’s stoned roommate — “Stop: Hammer time!” (No Text) Lottelita
- “My arm’s getting really tired!” (No Text) Marigold Gamgee
- I like this one Ugly Troll
King One: Hey, those boats didn’t stop!
King Two: Argh! I hate when that happens.
King One: Do you have any loose rocks about you can shake off at him?
King Two: Nah, I used the last loose one to pick off an orc yesterday.
King One: Ya know, we could probably be a lot more effective if we weren’t stoned all the time.
- Pardon me. Do you have any Grey Poupon? (No Text) Wídfara
- aaaa! run away, run away!! (No Text) greenleafphf
- Oh, behave! (No Text) Uitlander
- you started it.. 😉 (No Text) woodelf1
- That’s tellin’ her! *gently pushes woodelf1 forward* (No Text) Wídfara
- *ouch* not so hard! woodelf1
i think i’m scared! i didn’t mean it! *runs and hides*
Scenes from the Hat: Book titles in Elrond’s library! (6/19/02)
The Road Less Travelled (No Text) Twilight Mere
The Wholefood Way to Inner Elf… (No Text) Greenwood Hobbit
You might be a dark-elf esiwmas
(No Text) Thevina Finduilas
If you’ve ever been too drunk to keep up with your dwarf prisoners….
If you’ve consider a trip to the Shire an opportunity to pick up chicks….
If someone mentions “the cracks of doom” and it reminds you to pull up your pants!
You might be a dark-elf.
hehe, that was fun, any others?
Haven’t seen you post before, but… Thevina Finduilas
what a creative mind!
Love the “cracks of doom” crack….
The Domesday Book? (Pronounced DOOM, of course!!) (No Text) Greenwood Hobbit
Child-Rearing the Half-Elven way (No Text) Uitlander
All About Spanking luinfalathiel
Whoa, how’d that get in there?? 😉
- Oooh, someone’s just beggin’ to be modded… (No Text) Uitlander
Kings and Queens of Numenor — with the page for Elros bookmarked (No Text) Idril Celebrindal
I Never Sang for My Father (No Text) Annael
River Flooding for Dummies (No Text) Gaffer
The Man Who Would be King (in Aragorn’s room) (No Text) Morwen
I bet Lurtz’s favorite book is “A Farewell to Arms” Foe-Hammer_of_Gondolin
- o.O (No Text) Ugly Troll
- I was gonna say that, but I restrained myself! (No Text) karen the magnificent
- *listens* Is that the sound of ice skating in Wídfara
h e double toothpicks? Since WHEN have you restrained yourself? Good golly. Don’t start now, just when we’re getting used to the UNrestrained ktm! : – )
Rime of the Ancient Mariner (No Text) Foe-Hammer_of_Gondolin
Battlefield Middle Earth by Elrond Hubbard Ugly Troll
- *groan!* 🙂 (No Text) luinfalathiel
And/Or To kill a Crebain
A Tale of Two Towers…and… Foe-Hammer_of_Gondolin
One Flew Over the Crebain’s Nest
Flowers for Aragorn
The Great Gamgee
Bucklebury Finn (The Sequel to “Bombadil:The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (little naked hobbit butts running around his backyard!)”
Arda: Its Lands and Peoples (No Text) Thevina Finduilas
Strawberry Aromatherapy: A DIY guide! (No Text) Mirkwood Maiden
These Happy Golden Ears by Laura Ingalls Half-Elven (No Text) Wídfara
- I like the way your mind works! ; ) Thevina Finduilas
A Field Guide To Silvan Elves (No Text) luinfalathiel
Men are a Virus (No Text) Foe-Hammer_of_Gondolin
- or Little House In The Valley? 😀 (No Text) luinfalathiel
A Sear’s Catalog . . . with all the pages of purple dresses bookmarked? (No Text) Samantha Baggins
And the Scented Bath Products Wholesale Catalog (No Text) Jennie
Perry Took and the Sorcerer’s Stone (No Text) Jennie
- AND Men are from Mordor, Women are from Lothlorien (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
Scenes from the Hat: Words exchanged between Gandalf and the Balrog on the way to the bottom of Khazad-dum (6/17/02)
Balrog to G: I’ve always loved you. Jennie (Apologies to The Blues Brothers)
- B: So, what’s up? G: Everybody else, I think! (No Text) Earendil The Mariner
- B: So I guess this means I can not pass? G: You’re a bit slow, aren’t you? (No Text) esiwmas
- —LOL! (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- Good grief, old chap, you’ve let things slide a bit down here. Maid’s day off, is it? (No Text) Greenwood Hobbit
- G: I thought I made it clear that whole ‘whips and leathers’ thing was over between us? (No Text) greendragon
- Gandalf: Got any sixes? Balrog: Go Fish. (No Text) Gaffer
- Gandalf grumbles: It’s times like these I wish Balrogs had wings… or do they…THUNK. (No Text) Nimfalma Took
- B: Could you PLEASE try to keep your robes from blowing up over your head!” (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- —G: You know you like it. ::wink wink:: (No Text) Jennie
- Gandalf thinks to himself: “Good, at least I’ll have something to land on.” (No Text) luinfalathiel
- G-“Now I’m Free….” B&G-“I’m Free-Fallin…” (No Text) Foe-Hammer_of_Gondolin
- —lol: good one Foe! (No Text) Eirhren
- Movie Quotes TheLidlessEye –
Balrog: “I’ve never lost a fight!”
Gandalf: “Except to a crippled old man just now.”
– The Mask Of Zorro
Balrog: “We’re dropping 2,000 feet!”
Gandalf: “It’s all right, dear. Don’t start worrying ’til we get down 1,999. The last foot is dangerous.”
– Never Give A Sucker An Even Break
Balrog: “I can fly!”
Gandalf: “That isn’t flying, that is falling with style!”
– Toy Story
- —Haha! That’s great! Marigold Gamgee “It’s falling with style!” LOLOL!!
- Balrog: “I thought luinfalathiel did Scenes from the Hat!” Gandalf: “Noooo, now it’s Mrs. Boromiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrr……..” (No Text) Wídfara
- —Wow! Gandalf mentioned my name?! (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- Hey, I’m pretty alarmed that the Balrog mentioned MY name!! (No Text) luinfalathiel
- *sing-song voice* I think he’s got his eye on you! Mrs. Boromir
His good eye, not the one that got singed back in 1252.
- I might have mentioned something Wídfara
to him about you. Let’s see. What was it? Oh, yes, on two occasions.
Several years ago he was worried about the future of the line of the Stewards of Gondor, specifically, about finding a suitable mate for Faramir. He had heard that Eowyn might be interested in Faramir, and he had also heard about your romantic interest in Faramir. Gandalf asked me what I thought (he knows that I keep my ear to the ground). Frankly, Mrs. B, I told G that I thought Eowyn would make a better Queen (Princess, whatever) of Ithilien. I’m sorry, but with all your duties in Minnesota AND your interest in Faramir’s brother, that was my advice.
And the second time, Gandalf was going to Bree on some errand, and I asked him if he would pick up some Milk Duds for you.
- *pouts* I’ll get over it. Mrs. Boromir
LOL, Wid! You’re a hoot!
Oh look. I got a 5.9 from Aragorn (No Text) TheLidlessEye
You know, this might be our last few minutes alive. Are you thinking what I’m thinking? (No Text) TheLidlessEye
- Is that a Bud-lite? Go-Helm Taking it a different direction.
- **in a Mark Hamill voice** NOOOOOOO!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! (No Text) Nomad
- How about in a Mark Hamill whine: But I was going to go into town and get some power converters! (No Text) MrCere
- Or how about a Hayden Christian whine: “Well I couldn’t find one with an open cockpit!” (No Text) Marigold Gamgee
Whazzup? (No Text) Goeth-Helm
- I think so, Gandalf. But aren’t orcs allergic to strawberry bubble bath? (No Text) Jennie
- ROFL! Marigold Gamgee *narf*
G: ‘Are they still watching?’ B: ‘No I don’t think so’ … … Nomad
- Don’t you mean Whazzdown? (No Text) TheLidlessEye
- *ba-da bump* oh! (No Text) Goeth-Helm
G: Fantastic!! I’m glad we working this out ahead of time.
B: No kidding. I soooo need a vacation.
G: Let’s head up top after and shoot off some fireworks to complete the show.
B: Grey Pilgrim, You’re the best!!
G: so… (long silence) B: yup…. (long silence) G: How’s the family? B: Oh, they’re good.. How’s the wizard thing workin’ out fer ya? G: oh, just fine…just fine… (long silence til they hit the water) (No Text) Eirhren
- LMAO! (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- ROTF! (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
Stop screaming, look at each other.
Start screaming again.
Stop screaming again and look at each other.
Gandalf: “This is like a totally deep hole.”
Balrog: “Yeah. Do you wanna play 20 questions or something?”
(Apologies to Bill & Ted)
So, a funny thing happened to me on the way to. . . (No Text) Goeth-Helm
Pardon me, sir, but do you have any Grey Poupon? (No Text) Wingfooted
I guess that settles the wings debate (No Text) TheLidlessEye
I see you had the Vindaloo (No Text) TheLidlessEye
Balrog: “So tell me more about this ‘secret fire’ stuff. You need a permit?” (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
Got a light? (No Text) TheLidlessEye
Balrog: CANONBAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL!! (No Text) Gaffer
Gandalf: “You ever heard of Listerine?” Nomad
Balrog: “No, you ever heard of Speed Stick!?”
SCENES FROM THE HAT – One line obituaries for Boromir
“He should have been a Hornblower.” (No Text) luinfalathiel
Can’t tell which way the wind is blowing. — Crebain from Dunland (No Text) Shadowen
“He paddled well” is starting to take on new meaning… Aerlinn
“I come not to bury Boromir, but to praise him….” Aragorn (No Text) Ugly Troll
Dad, can I have his room? —Faramir (No Text) Elwen
There was a little bit of all of us in him: One of Lurtz’ three arrows (No Text)Gaffer
“Alrighty then, one down and two to go!” – – Aragorn (No Text) Weige
He taught us,..when all else fails, kick ’em in the shins! – Merry & Pippin (No Text) woodelf1
Honorary posthumous membership for the Rauros trip — Gondor Canoe Club (No Text) Wídfara
He always wanted to use my comb. – Figwit. (No Text) Enchantress
- “Sure. Just help me light the stove first.” (No Text) Morfalathiel
- You’re bad Scout B but very funny.
He was always making for me — The Gap of Rohan (No Text) Wídfara
- …and my shampoo,and conditioner…. (No Text) woodelf1
- … and your strawberry bubble bath! — Legolas Lottelita
Hey, dead men tell no tales!
He gently picked me up out of the snow: The One Ring (No Text) jordan_the_discursive
Next time I’ve gotta keep my head about me! – Lurtz (No Text) Enchantress
Uruk-hai fodder. — Saruman (No Text)Sweet Master Frodo
- A good groaner, Widfara! (No Text) Scout B
- Well, there was a sale! Lottelita
apologies to Cassandra Clare!
- HA! Good one! (No Text) jordan_the_discursive
- “Saruman lied … I didn’t get to taste anything!” — Lurtz (No Text) Lottelita
- and the rest of us can only dream… Uitlander
Oh, Boromir, we hardly tasted — er, knew ye!
- Ha! Lottelita
I always think Saruman’s line, “You’ll taste man-flesh,” is diiiirrrrrty. But not undesirable where the men in this movie are concerned!
- Oh, great. That’s just great. – DownfallenWest
Like I needed THAT mental image every time I hear that line from now on!
Hey, wouldn’t this be a great place to make some quip about how it “comes in pints?!?”
- I think Roheryn did that on Friday. Lottelita
Get that girl in the Fiesta, and it’s all over. 😉
- ROFL! (No Text) Wídfara
- “I’ll never forget when he let me blow the Horn of Gondor”–Pippin 😉 (No Text)Hobbit-Of-No-Intellegence
- *snert* Mind in deep gutter land….. (No Text) Enchantress
- Hmmmm….maybe it IS folly…. – any other Fellowship member (No Text) Scout B
- I’ve gotta get better help! – The One Ring (No Text) Enchantress
- “He out-PHF’ed even me.” — Aragorn (No Text) Lottelita
- He gave me a cool nickname: New Devilry — The Balrog (No Text) Wídfara
- I’m getting all the fanchicks in the second movie: Faramir (No Text) jordan_the_discursive
- Gondor has no Boromir…Gondor needs no Boromir Elwen
Sorry, it had to be said.
- : ( You’re making me cry…we do so need him. (No Text) Rohwen
- OK, then Aragorn said it. (not us) (No Text) Elwen
- Yes, I can think of SEVERAL uses for him! >) (No Text) Lottelita
- Lotty, that banishment thing needs a little work. (No Text) Wídfara
- Why, all I meant was … Lottelita
fixing my car … you know … using the dipstick to check the fluid levels? Adjusting the ballbearings? Making sure everything’s running smooth under the hood? (And now I’M overheating …)
- yeah right, fixing the car, um hmmmm. greenleafphf
- He was my Mr. Goodwrench — Lottelita (No Text) Wídfara
- *snert* Lottelita
I think I would be so prostrate with grief that speech would be quite beyond me. Then I’d start flirting with the grieving and emotionally vulnerable Aragorn.
- Must…get…mind…out…of…gutter… jordan_the_discursive
This one could get dangerous!
- We’re not helping you, jordan! Lottelita
I’m afraid where Boz is concerned, it’s either gutter-fare or sappy drooling.
- That cushion idea you had was pretty good……. (No Text) jordan_the_discursive
- I envied everything about him (except his mortality, of course). -Celeborn (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- “Anyone have lighter fluid?” – His Father (No Text) Morfalathiel
- Ooooooh. Nassssssty. (No Text) Jennie
- LOL! (No Text) Lottelita
- He got all the breaks, the lucky so-and-so. — Book Boromir (No Text) Wídfara
- ROTFL!! (No Text) Jennie
- I’ve just got a few short comments… — Ioreth (No Text) Wídfara
- Great PR at Council of Elrond – Mordor Tourism Bureau (No Text) jordan_the_discursive
- Here lies Boromir. He died by arrow instead of spear. (No Text) Inferno
- “He called that a BEARD?” — Gimli (No Text) Lottelita
- His thoughts were very entertaining to read. -Galadriel (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- Thank goodness he died before the internet was invented. Lottelita
- He tried to take my ring, but he didn’t really mean it. -Frodo (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- I never trusted the bloke—Sam (No Text) Elwen
- He made a handsome pin-cushion. -Aragorn (No Text) Mrs. Boromir
- Boromir … Aragorn … cushions … ::banishes dirty thoughts from mind:: (No Text) Lottelita
- *receives dirty thoughts banished by Lotty* (No Text) Wídfara
- Nyah nyah nyah nyah — The One Ring (No Text) Wídfara
- Handled me so very lovingly: Shards of Narsil (No Text) jordan_the_discursive
- He was good-lookin’, almost as good-lookin’ as me. — Legolas (No Text) Wídfara
- But I look better in a pointy hat: Gandalf (No Text) jordan_the_discursive
- He took those arrows like a man….of Gondor: Lurtz (No Text) jordan_the_discursive
- He Blew his Horn Well — Merry (No Text) valasarah
- He should have taken his shield. (No Text) Elwen
- He bit his nails, but I liked him anyway. — Merry (No Text) Wídfara
- He had a good speaking voice. — Sauron (No Text) Wídfara
- He paddled well. – Pippin (No Text) Mrs. Boromir